Friday 27 March 2015

Review - Frankie and Bennys

Lunch time special 


I think I have mentioned a few times now how much I love Italian food, so we decided to visit our local Frankie and Benny's. On arrival we felt pressured to choose our drinks (didn't get chance to take our coats off!) Told the waitress to come back in five. Thought she was quite snooty, not friendly on first impression. 

  We decided on the lunch time special of the three courses, which is a great offer at £10.95! 





   The waitress finally came after 20 minutes wait. It really wasn't that busy. We then had to wait another 15 minutes for the drinks to arrive! I had the medium house wine for £6 which in my opinion wasn't worth it, only half a glass full!..would hate to see what a small one looks like!    The starters came and the order was wrong. I ordered the Melted cheese and home-made Bruschetta mix, but just got the Bruschetta! 


BRUSCHETTA

                GARLIC & CHEESE MUSHROoms

GARLIC DOUGH BALLS


 We had different starters to share. Our favourite was the Garlic Mushrooms. The mushrooms were mixed in a rich creamy cheese sauce. Daughter loved the garlic dough balls, but for the amount of balls to the ratio of the garlic was a bit stingy.  


MEDITERRANEAN VEGETABLE BURGER



PENNE ARRABBIATA

   I chose the Mediterranean Vegetarian Burger which came with a side order of house fries. I quite enjoyed the burger. All the flavours popped out...the red peppers, olives, sun-dried tomatoes and mozzarella. Topped with fresh baby gem lettuce, tomato, red onion, dill pickle and mayonnaise. Served on a toasted sesame seed bun. My Mother had the penne arrabbiata pasta, but couldn't eat it! far too spicy for her. On the menu it says spicy but really it should state how hot it is! My Daughter  thoroughly enjoyed the 'Hot Spicy' Pasta and would have it again.
CINNAMON WAFFLE CRUNCH


CINNAMON WAFFLE CRUNCH

Brownies and Ice Cream


Summarizing, the atmosphere is really nice (great place to have some cocktails/drinks), desserts and starters are quite good .However, I wouldn't go in the evening due to how all the main courses were over £10 ( too pricey/ not worth the money ) ; 
it is nice enough but simply not great.         

                                                                                                                                                      
                                                                                                                                               

2 comments:

  1. I have actually only been to f&b to eat once. I like how you can see the chefs. The cinnamon waffles look so good. I have however been there for drinks lots. They make some lovely cocktails x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree the cocktails are delightful! My waffle was sadly over baked..too tough to put your spoon through....Ice Cream was nice :)

      Delete